Sunday, March 11, 2007

Single and Loving It!



I could sit here and be depressed about the fact that I'm 33 and single, but why should I?! Yes, I do hope to one day fall in love, get married, have kids, and all that jazz...but until that day should arrive I'm going to live each day to my fullest singleness!! I'm tired of living like "grass is greener on the other side." It's about time I learned to enjoy my side of the green!

I'm young, I'm beautiful, I'm vibrant, and I still kick ass...I just do it in more expensive shoes!

What do I love about being single?

1. Come and go without answering to anyone
2. Absolute control of the remote ...yes, I'm going to watch the Disney channel
3. Eating a huge bowl of Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch without eyes looking over my shoulder...are you really going to eat that whole bowl of ice cream?!?! why, yes i am!!
4. Dancing in my underwear with the windows open
5. Listening to whatever music I want
6. First dates & everything that comes with it!

*jitters
*disasters and embarrassing moments ...prime example - on my 1st date with Kevin in beautiful Coronado, California...we just finished having a fabulous dinner at Colorado Brewing Company and it was such a gorgeous night we decided to walk back to Hotel Del (he was in town on business)...on the way out I grabbed a mint (it was the mint chocolate flavored kind...yummy!)...well, we were walking and talking and i was enjoying the great conversation, the company, the beautiful night air, my mint! which i then started to choke on!! at that moment, i was anything BUT the epitome of being ladylike. there's nothing like having a mint stuck in your throat and your date asking if you're okay and wondering if he needs to do the heimlich maneuver! obviously, i survived with my pride just on the other side of being intact. of course, Kevin was a gentleman about the entire episode, and no, he didn't have to perform the heimlich manuever on me. Thank goodness!! And yes, we did end up going out again so I must not have embarrassed myself too much. Hahahahahaha...what a great memory to laugh on!!
*free dinner and a movie
*wondering if he's a good kisser ...gosh, he better be!
7. Flirting, flirting, flirting

8. Traveling solo, yes, i said traveling solo! Try it, I dare you!
9. Asking a guy for his number...
10. Spending my money on WHATEVER I want ...which basically means clothes & shoes...

...and for those of you that are married - CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you always treasure the preciousness of having found someone to share your life with. And I look forward to the day when I am able to travel the path...as a happily married woman. But for now, this little patch of green that I'm kicking around in is pretty darn awesome!

Love life everyday!

No comments: