Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas 2007!!!

I hope you enjoyed my Christmas card. It was a fun project that developed after being cooped up in my apartment for two days because of rain and cold weather. I've decided to do my Christmas letter a bit different this year - a different take on catching you up on this past year. Enjoy the quiz. Answers are at the very bottom (no cheating). In light and love, Jennifer

PS Feel free to leave a comment and let me know how well you did or didn't do! :)

Grab pen & paper and Have Fun!!

1. What certification have I been working on for the last 8 months and completed on Dec 9th?
A. emt - emergency medical technician
B. hatha yoga instructor
C. scuba diving
D. photography

2. How many times did I move this year?
A. 0
B. 1
C. 2
D. 3

3. What performance did I see in Galveston at The Grand?
A. The Oak Ridge Boys
B. BB King
C. Willie Nelson
D. Bernadette Peters

4. How many times did I travel to Austin for my yoga training?
A. 5
B. 9
C. 13
D. 18

5. What birthday did I celebrate this year?
A. 31
B. 32
C. 33
D. 34

6. Where did I teach my very 1st public yoga class?
A. Unity Church of Christianity
B. at Pecan Park
C. Morning Glory Yoga Studio
D. YMCA

7. What form of yoga did I study?
A. Kundalini
B. Nada
C. Tantra
D. Hatha

8. What is my favorite subject to shoot for photography?
A. portraits
B. travel
C. wedding
D. fashion

9. Where did I go on vacation this year?
A. Tahiti
B. California
C. Washington, DC
D. Hawaii

10. How many animals traveled with us when I helped my brother and his wife move to North Carolina this summer?
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4

11. Where is the one place that I dream of traveling to and want to live (for at least 3 months!)?
A. Italy
B. China
C. New Zealand
D. London

12. What musical did I watch at the Hobby Center in Houston.... and loved?!
A. Phantom of the Opera
B. Rent
C. The Lion King
D. Wicked

13. What book discussion group did I participate in this year?
A. Power v. Force - Dr. David Hawkins
B. Peace is the Way - Deepak Chopra
C. The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous and Broke - Suze Orman
D. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert

14. What is my ALL TIME favorite book?
A. The Red Book
B. To Kill a Mockingbird
C. God on a Harley
D. Where the Wild Things Are

15. What nemesis pose have I come to enjoy?
A. Navasana - boat pose
B. Adho Mukha Savasana - downward facing dog
C. Ardha Chandrasana - half moon pose
D. Dhanurasana - bow pose

**************************ANSWERS***********************

1. B - I am officially a certified hatha yoga instructor! yay!
2. B - amazingly enough, i only moved once, from Center to Nacogdoches
3. D - yes, Bernadette Peters, and she was great!
4. C - 13... it seems like it was so much more than that... *i'm tired*
5. C - I celebrated my 33rd year of my life's journey
6. A - I did my student teaching at Unity Church and it was an experience of much learning and self-growth
7. D - I received my certification in Hatha Yoga... 200 hours to be exact... plus A LOT of driving
8. B - I have always had a passion for shooting travel photography and have just, this year, begun to trust myself enough to begin working with portraits
9. C - I visited my best friend from high school in Washington DC this past April. It was such a fun time and great re-visiting the city I used to live in.
10. C - three pets.... 2 dogs plus a cat... all of which belong to Ken & Temp :)
11. A - Ciao, mi amici! Italy, Italy, Italy!!!!
12. D - I saw Wicked with Egla... what a spectacular musical... I'd definitely see it again!
13. A - Power vs. Force written by Dr. David Hawkins... read it if you get a chance... it was an opportunity to expand and challenge my thinking... thanks in great part to Mr. Rusk who led the discussion group!
14. B - ah, To Kill a Mockingbird... has been a favorite of mine since I had to read it for a book report in high school ...i've read it many, many times
15. C - ardha chandrasana, half moon pose... a groan would inevitably creep out of my mouth everytime i did this pose in class... over the past year and a half i have developed an enjoyment for this posture... learning to let go of my ego, allowing myself to enjoy the fall should it come, and finding the strength and grace to just be present in the moment
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanks for playing... I hope you enjoyed the "letter." Merry Christmas, again, and Happy 2008!! Live within each moment of your day... and breathe!

Much love to everyone!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: