I have heard
of Oriah. I have heard the poetic words of Oriah in a previous yoga class. The delivery was beautiful and timely. And though the words spoke to me, and I had a feeling of wanting to read more... I did not find myself jumping into my car headed to the closest bookstore to find her book(s). Later on (a few days, weeks, months.. I'm not sure) her words fell before me, this time, in church. Upon my ears fell the words of The Dance. Inspiring! I even walked up to the gal that delivered the poem and asked the name of the author and the title of the book. Still, I did not run to the bookstore to seek Oriah out.I firmly believe that all encounters in life come to us at the exact moment that it should. Perhaps reading the words of Oriah, at that time, would not have meant much to me. Perhaps my appreciation of her words would not have the meaning that they do today. I don't know the reason... and truth be told, it doesn't matter. What matters now is that a couple of weeks ago I found myself in Barnes and Noble asking the sales associate where I could find books written by Oriah. She led me to the stacks and standing with their spines facing me were The Invitation and The Dance. I bought them both.

I am beginning this journey with The Invitation.
I usually breeze through reading a book. This book... this author asks me to contemplate the words before me and consider what they mean to me and my life. It is a journey of contemplation I wish to share with all of you. I may spend days or weeks on a chapter. My posts may not be quick to come. Oriah has entered my life in a time when the inspiration of her thoughts and her words are much needed. It has come at a time in my life when we, now and then, find ourselves questioning our purpose in life. "What am I doing? Where do I go from here?" I believe you know the questions.
So, join me, if you so desire as I reflect and discover new meaning to who I am and to my place in this life.

No comments:
Post a Comment