I have had A LOT of amazing & memorable moments as a yoga teacher. Yesterday's beach yoga sessions with the group from Guilford College was no exception to that! I was getting the 2nd group ready for their session. They were going to start in standing. While we were waiting for the rest of the group to join us I started clapping my hands... not in any particular rhythm. I was simply swinging my hands behind me and bringing them in front of me with a clap. Next thing I know another person started clapping, and then another, and then another... then one of the kids began drumming on his stomach adding in a different beat. And then I heard it... someone was singing!! It was faint and I couldn't make it out at first, but then I heard what was being sung and I was like, "Oh heck yeah!!!!" There we were, a group of about 13, standing facing the ocean, joined together in a solid rhythm, and singing, "We will, we will, ROCK YOU!!!" Now, that was an awesome way to start a yoga class!! ;-) Thanks for your awesomeness and totally fun spontaneity, Guilford group! And big thank you to WB Surf Camp for asking me to join them for the morning's event. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY LIFE!!!
(Sadly, I didn't get a pic of group 2. The pic is of group 1... however, they ALL totally rocked and I had a great time with them!)

2 comments:
You rock kiddo!A very proud mom!
Aww, thanks Mom!!! Love you!
Post a Comment