
Mmmm, cake! Doesn't it look absolutely scrumptious!! That's my dad's bday cake from last weekend. It was y-u-m-m-y!! I believe it was an oreo chocolate cake...straight to the hips, for sure!!
My brain is on overload so I'm taking a study break. The first half of the week was spent reading the Bhagavad Gita and reviewing information from my last yoga class and this latter part of the week is being spent on photography course work. Have I taken on too much?! Balance, balance, balance. I've spent the morning learning about shooting in natural light, and here's a tip for everyone out there: frontlighting (sun is behind the camera and pointing towards your subject) is just about the harshest light you can throw onto your subject. In other words, not the most flattering for a portrait. It's best to shoot with sidelighting or backlighting. Just an FYI for anyone that is interested!
Tomorrow will be an exciting day, and hopefully, not too painful for my brother and his wife. They've agreed to let me practice doing some photography with them in downtown Nacogdoches. I've got so many ideas...must write them down! They're a beautiful couple so I guess it'll be my fault if the pics don't come out wonderful. Tsk tsk! I'll let you know when the pics get posted to my website.
Until then....time to get back to the books!!
Have a great weekend and soak up the sunshine!
PS I've lately been developing this enjoyment for cooking. It's rather odd because I used to hate cooking and my idea of dinner was popping some frozen concoction into the microwave, and voila, dinner! I made dinner last night and, not to toot my own horn, but it turned out quite well. I'm always scared that what I make is going to turn out awful, so I'm pleasantly surprised when it's edible and tastes good, too! What did I make? I made Garlic Chicken (coated with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese) and Green Beans & Cherry Tomatoes tossed with Basil and Butter. Mom made corn on the cob and we finished with a side of rice. I cheated on the dessert and threw some apple turnovers into the oven. I'm not great at making desserts but I'm trying!!

No comments:
Post a Comment