I don't typically wake up early, and by early, I mean anytime before 7:00 a.m. However, there are some moments in life when I feel guided to do something. Such was the case this morning. I opened my eyes, looked at the time and saw that it was 5:00 a.m. "Ugh, go back to sleep, Jennifer." And that's what I would have usually done, but something within me was urging me to wake up, get out of bed and go to my mat for a yoga practice. A bit reluctantly (because I really wanted to sleep some more), I listened to the voice of my inner wisdom... and here is the grace of what happened in the space of my early morning practice.
There is a divine presence in the stillness of the early morning, when most of the city is still sleeping, and the sun has not yet made its appearance. There is a sense of feeling connected to the rhythm of nature. Gently placing my feet on my yoga mat, I stand and place my palms together at the front of my heart. I connect the tip of my thumb to my heart center, to that most sacred of places, and I receive my first breath. As I bring my awareness to the beauty of my inner temple, I connect to the sacredness of the moment... to the journey of this life... to the presence of divine love... to you.
Breathe in. Breathe out. Melt the heart and allow. Deeper and deeper I move into my practice. Letting go of where I need to feel freedom and drawing into my center when I need to feel supported. Melt the heart more... open and allow. Deeper still I go, and then... the quickening... I catch my breath and find my inner temple full of radiant love. In that moment of absolute beauty, of divine connection, of clarity... the wisdom of my heart speaks, "Love with all of your heart. Let go and trust in Me."
The tears come and I am thankful for the gift of this morning's practice, for the gift of the journey which has led me to the path I am now on.
I step off the mat, into the wonderful day and from deep within I feel the echo of the words, "I am love."
There is a divine presence in the stillness of the early morning, when most of the city is still sleeping, and the sun has not yet made its appearance. There is a sense of feeling connected to the rhythm of nature. Gently placing my feet on my yoga mat, I stand and place my palms together at the front of my heart. I connect the tip of my thumb to my heart center, to that most sacred of places, and I receive my first breath. As I bring my awareness to the beauty of my inner temple, I connect to the sacredness of the moment... to the journey of this life... to the presence of divine love... to you.
Breathe in. Breathe out. Melt the heart and allow. Deeper and deeper I move into my practice. Letting go of where I need to feel freedom and drawing into my center when I need to feel supported. Melt the heart more... open and allow. Deeper still I go, and then... the quickening... I catch my breath and find my inner temple full of radiant love. In that moment of absolute beauty, of divine connection, of clarity... the wisdom of my heart speaks, "Love with all of your heart. Let go and trust in Me."
I step off the mat, into the wonderful day and from deep within I feel the echo of the words, "I am love."


No comments:
Post a Comment