I was asked by a friend if I wanted to run in the upcoming Wrightsville Beach Marathon in March. My inital thought, "Are you crazy?!" We would run the Half Marathon, though. Umm, yet again, "Are you crazy?!"
I've had a desire to participate in a triathlon because I was inspired some years back. I was working in Austin as a retail manager at Talbots. One of the sales associates, who was in her late 40s, participated and completed her 1st ever triathlon. I thought, "Wow! If she can do it, then, certainly I can, too." I remember many, many months ago I was reinspired and attemtped to start training. I laced up my shoes, headed outside for a run in the neighborhood, barely made it down the street and thought my heart was gonna explode from my chest! I remember uttering to myself, "Ugh! I hate running!" It was then I hung up my running shoes and gave up any notion of participating in a triathlon.
So, here I am today with an invite to run in a Half Marathon. 13.1 miles. The number is staggering to me, especially considering the fact that I haven't been a consistent runner since... oh, my high school days!! And that, my dear friends, was a very long time ago! ;-)
After marinating on the invitation for a couple of days, I decided that here was an opportunity before me to either go for the challenge and say "yes" or walk away and say "no."
I said, "YES!"
And here the adventures begin. To the finish line we go!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment