Sunday, February 1, 2009

An Affair with Art & Luther


Well, okay....

That would actually be my beautiful new Art & Lutherie Cedar Dreadnaught. Isn't it gorgeous?!

I bought my 1st ever guitar this past Monday, January 26th, with the help of my awesome and talented musician friend, Lee. I didn't know the first thing about how to buy a guitar so I turned to the one person I knew would be more than happy to help me with my little endeavor.

I have been itching to get back to playing a musical instrument again. I've always thought the guitar to be a great instrument, but didn't have much of a desire to pursue learning it... until, maybe, this last year. After Lee let me borrow his Washburn to see if playing the guitar was really something I wanted to do... I was hooked! Besides, my guitar is much easier to take around than, say, an organ or the French horn! Haha! I LOVE being back in a musical space of creativity... and I love that my life, these days, is filled with an abundance of creative outlets: yoga, painting, singing, dancing and now learning & playing my new guitar.

I'm slowly learning my chords. I've got E and Emin nailed down. A and Amin are coming along GREAT. I'm now working on D and the dreaded F chord. F really, really hurts my fingers, but I know the day will come when I strum my guitar and F will sound wonderful and perfect.... D for that matter, too! Frustration sets in now and again. That is when I know it is time to set the guitar down for a moment and take a break. I'm enjoying each little success as it comes without hanging on to the notion of what I think i should sound like. Each step in learning is a process to enjoy as it unfolds... the actual playing and singing of songs will come in due time.

So, just wanted to share one of my newest adventures with all of you. More to come I'm sure!!

Don't let the music die inside of you!!!!!

No comments: