The following is an email update I sent to friends back in August of last year. I came across it this evening as I was cleaning up my emails. I decided to go ahead and post it here to my blog.
"37 seconds... We breathe. We pulse. We regenerate. Our hearts beat. Our minds create. Our souls ingest. 37 seconds, well used, is a lifetime." ~Mr. Magorium
What fantastically great words!! I have held off on watching the movie, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, for some time now. There's no particular reason why. It just never seemed to jump out and scream at me to take it home. Although there was no screaming involved, last night, my hand felt compelled to reach for the movie and so it came home with me. In my personal opinion, for however much that counts, I think it is a beautifully fun movie with some amazingly wonderful lessons woven within the dialogue of its characters. I'm certainly not here to invite any thoughts of being some movie critic. I know what I like and I like this movie. That's all. I can't begin to know why, only now, I should watch the movie. What I do believe is this - that life, in all its wonder, rises up to meet us in those moments when we are accepting and ready for its message. And so my life continues to follow this path. Living with an open mind and an open heart continues to open doors that bring with it the adventures of a life worth living! So as I like to say, "Do as I do....LIVE INSPIRED!"
As I sit here, doing that dance-in-the-chair thing while grooving to Chris Brown's Forever, I wanted to take a moment to say "hello" to all you fabulous friends!! I used to think that it kinda sucked that some of my friends lived so far away. And while I do miss times spent with you guys, I realize that I'm a pretty lucky gal. I've got friends, not just here in the US, but out there in the world! And that, I think, makes my life pretty darn special! Thanks for being a part of that!! And for those new-found friends that live close by... I appreciate you more than you know.
So, the latest?
Still teaching yoga? YES, of course!! I have found my groove in teaching Gentle Yoga. The students are amazing and I have learned so much from them. I know there is much more to learn, and as I continue to teach, learn and grow, I cannot help but develop a deeper respect for this ancient practice we call Yoga. I am heading to the coast of North Carolina on Wednesday to take part in a Teacher's Restorative Yoga workshop. Actually, the training will be in Asheville, NC. It will be a welcome break to be in the cooler air of the mountains and away from the 100+ temperatures that we've been having here in Texas the last few days. After my 3 day training I'll head to Wilmington to spend a week with my brother, Kent, and his wife plus 2 dogs and a cat. I can't wait to see the ocean again. I've been missing the beach... and I know it misses me!!! I'm a water sign... what can one expect? :)
Still living in Nac? Yes, surprisingly so. I think I've gone past my 2 year mark. That's usually how long it takes before I start getting that itch to take on a new adventure, right? Soon enough, I'm sure. I have a feeling there will be more to tell regarding this point in the next year... stay tuned!!
I'm still dabbling with my photography. I finally went digital which even I can't believe. In the end, as much as I love film, digital turns out to be more cost-effective. And well, the instant results are quite nice. I'm hanging on to my film slr, though. Not quite ready to completely give that up. Oh! I've spotted a photography contest that I think I'm going to enter when I return from my vacation. I'll keep you guys posted on that. The categories are cityscape, landscape, and animal/nature. Hmmm??? What to do? What to do? There is some fun to be had here, that's for sure!! I do have a photo website if you'd like to take a peek: www.jchuaphotography.com
Let's see... ah yes, I can now add a fractured metarsal to my list of broken bones. Interesting thing.... I've broken bones on the left side of my body only. My left arm twice and now my foot. What's that about? I wish I had some great and cool story to share on how I broke my foot, but alas, it's boring and makes me look like a dingleberry who can't seem to put one foot in front of another. Ha! Suffice it to say, the healing is coming along quite nicely and I should be back to my ballroom dancing in no time. Oh my gosh, did I say ballroom dancing?! Yes, I did!!! And once you stop laughing, I can tell you that I love it. Of course I do... it's a form of dance!! My favorite? Hands down, it's the Tango!!! Cha cha comes in a close second, but man, that darn clover step gets me everytime!!! :)
As I see it is getting rather late and I do have a yoga class to teach tomorrow morning... I'll end this for now but do promise to keep in touch again soon. Enjoy each moment of life and take joy in all of its amazing suprises... no matter how big or small.
All my love,
Jennifer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment