Friday, October 22, 2010

21 Days of Joy: Beach Yoga

Day #8: Beach Yoga

It was a perfect fall morning ~ 70 degrees, sunny and slightly breezy. I met a student for a private session on Wrightsville Beach this morning. The beach is definitely one of my most favorite places to practice and to teach. Seriously, look at that view!

To be able to be outside and to hear the rhythmic pulse of the ocean while practicing/teaching yoga is a true gift! I am certainly blessed to live where I do and to be able to do what I love and enjoy the outdoors at the same time. As MK and I were enjoying the beautiful day and yoga practice, she spotted a pod of 4 dolphins swimming right in front of us! What a treat!! I realized we could've kept on going with the practice after noticing the dolphins, but when you are presented with such a beautiful gift... you really have to stop what you are doing and enjoy the moment. Thank you, MK, for being open to enjoying the pause of your practice to take delight in watching the dolphins!

After finishing practice, we decided to continue enjoying the gorgeous day and went for a walk on the beach.

I think every day should begin this way, don't you?

No comments: