Thursday, October 21, 2010

21 Days of Joy: Being Still

Day #7: Being Still

This is not always an easy one for me. In a world where we are demanded to constantly be on the go it takes a lot of effort to make time to Be Still. But when I do, what a difference it makes in my day!! I do my best to begin my day in ease and silence and with a few moments of meditation. It helps to set the tone for the rest of my day and allows my mind to begin in stillness rather than in a state of constant motion.

Sometimes it only takes a few breaths to enjoy a moment of stillness. Here, try it. Come to the edge of your seat and allow both of your feet to touch the ground and feel rooted. Take a deep breath in through your nose & lengthen your spine towards the ceiling. Exhale out through the nose and ease tension away from your body. Repeat 3 - 5 times. Aaahhhhh, doesn't that feel nice? Now imagine how that would feel after 15-20 minutes of meditation.

Don't have 15-20 minutes? What about 3? Just push play... and breathe...



Music: Let it Go by Shannon Robinson (Check her out! www.ShannonRobinsonMusic.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh.....that was awesome Jenn...it gave me the moment of peace I needed thhis morning!
Namaste'

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for watching it! Even 3 minutes of peace can make a big, big difference. Namaste & Love.