Sunday, October 31, 2010

21 Days of Joy: Day Trip with the Fam!

Day #17: Day Trip with the Fam

In the year and a half since I moved to Wilmington I have never visited Southport. With fabulous weekend weather upon us it seemed a great time for a little daytrip. My brother and his family, my Mom and I took the ferry from Ft. Fisher to Southport this morning. We did a little exploring, said "Hello's" to Temp's Mom at the park and then ate lunch at Yacht Basin Provision Co. Ooh! Yummy!! Definitely check that place out if you go to Southport. I brought my "GOOD" camera with me and spent the time shooting some photos, too. Yay, Fun!!!

Today was such a good reminder to me that there is still so much for me to explore. I love to travel so I always have an itch to jump on a plane and take off to somewhere, anywhere... usually met with a desire to go somewhere tropical. It's days like today that remind me that there are adventures to be enjoyed here in Wilmington and its surrounding areas. Just as I taught my students last week, meet life with a beginner's mind and come into each experience as if it were the first time. Yup, it's time for me to take my own medicine! I had such an enjoyable day with my family. The weather was great, we explored a new place together (well, my brother and Temp have been to Southport before)...but the restaurant was new to all of us. And as mentioned earlier, the food is YUMMY!!

I put together a video of the photos I took. Travel photography is one of my favorite subjects to shoot so today was a real treat for me! My nephew, Camden, pretty much steals the show! :) Oh, and by the way, don't worry when you see the photos where Camden is out of his car seat. We were on the ferry and letting him stretch his little legs. Happy viewing!

May you, too, enjoy your own mini adventures in the place you live... even if it's somewhere you've already been before!


No comments: