Tuesday, October 19, 2010

21 Days of Joy - A Walk in the Park

Day #5: A Walk in the Park

Lila. My sweet dalmation/pointer mix rescue girl.

My plan was to take Lila for a walk around the neighborhood after I returned home from a private session I had this morning. What typically happens when I get home is I turn on the computer and get sucked into a time warp which can sometimes last 2 - 3 hours. Gross. That is exactly what started to happen this morning. I was typing away on my computer when I glanced over at Lila waiting so patiently for her walk. Those beady, little eyes were staring at me and I just melted. Dogs have a way without even having to try, don't they?


It was such a gorgeous morning I thought why walk around the neighborhood when we can hit up one of the parks? So, I packed up her little bag and out the door we went. I love how excited she gets when you ask her if she wants to "go for a ride." By the way, I just recently bought a pair of Vibrams and wanted to test them out on a nice, long walk. Okay. They may not be the most beautiful of shoes, but I gotta tell you, I LOVE them!! It's the fact that my toes are free and not cramped into a shoe. It's the closest thing to being barefoot that I've found so far. My Vibrams can go from water, to running, to trekking, and even doing yoga. C'mon, you know you want a pair!

So, me, my dog and my Vibrams hit up Halyburton park to walk the 1.3 mile loop. We had a great time! Lila met a couple of dogs, sniffed some new smells, and marked a little bit of territory here and there. As for me, I was enjoying breaking in my Vibrams and taking in the sights of all that surrounded me ~ the people, the trees, the plants.

I love fall weather! Even though it was a bit warm today I've got no complaints about it. The fact that I can be outside and enjoy a lovely walk with my precious pup... well, that's enough to make my whole day!

Enjoy the rest of the photos from our walk in the park.




No comments: