Day #15: Pumpkins and Hayrides
Have you ever found that those moments in life when nothing is planned and you go with the flow of each moment to be some of your best times ever? And doesn't it feel like time seems to stop...that life is happening and you get this amazing feeling & knowing that it's not happening around you...it's happening with you as a part of it. You aren't thinking about anything in the past, you're not concerned with any thoughts of the future. You are in the flow of life because you are living in the presence of NOW.
After teaching my morning yoga class, I was cleaning up around my home studio and thinking a walk on the beach would be a fun thing to do. My cell phone buzzed indicating I had a text. It was from my brother asking if I wanted to join them out to Mike's Farm. Ooh, a last minute invitation! I love it! There's something incredibly fun about being spontaneous with my day!!
I remember a time in college when it was a beautiful summer day. My roommate, Erica, and I were about to head off to school when we looked at each other and asked, "Do you want to go to the beach?" We both decided that sounded like a much better idea so we packed up the dog and the car and off we went! Now, what I have to mention is that the beach for us was not a short 10 minute drive. We had to drive down to Galveston which was about 3 hours away from us. We made a whole day of it... and had a GREAT time! When those invitations to be spontaneous come, go for it! Don't hesitate, don't think about it... just say YES!!
Here's a little video of our trip to Mike's Farm. Happy viewing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment